Friday, June 26, 2009

Newport & Destination Wedding Photographer- M Benedicte Verley

On this last Friday in June, I am thrilled to feature a special photographer out of Rhode Island, M Benedicte Verley. When I came across Benedicte's work, I thought...SIMPLY timeless.


Benedicte shoots largely destination weddings, so to find this type of caliber in the Rhode Island area was truly a joy for me. Enjoy getting to know Benedicte and the SECRETS behind the lovely and talented M Benedicte Verley Photography!




One of my secrets of capturing the best images from a wedding day (or any shoot for that matter) is to be totally present. To not rush or be thinking of what I need to get to later on, but to savor every part of each moment as it passes into another moment. To tune into the bride as she feels nervous or offer a hand when it's needed to tie a bow tie. Even as I prepare each wedding with an itinerary list of " all the names of family and friends, time lines of the day, who is camera shy, etc" I never work on another wedding until I am totally finished shooting the previous one. It allows me to stay tuned into the feeling and energy of each celebration.






Another secret is that I only take couples that I really resonate with. It makes my job much more fun when I have a wonderful connection with my clients, which then results in beautiful, intimate images. I also have a wonderful, talented crew of associates that shoot and work with me, we are like one large family.














Many of my favorite images are those in between moments where you see someones true personality shining through, or a silent emotion happening between two people, or a detail that makes the wedding unique.






When I was working as a fashion photographer in Europe, I sometimes laughed with a colleague about "wedding photographers" and said that I would NEVER shoot a wedding ... because I had never seen wedding images that I actually admired. Then a dear friend asked me to shoot her wedding and after much hesitation, I finally agreed under the sole condition that I would be allowed to shoot in a more creative and soulful way, as I approached my fashion work. It was love at first shoot ...






I love what I do and I feel blessed to be such an important part of my clients wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails